• 250g cherry tomatoes on the vine, ripe and flavourful, cut into quarters
• 1 clove garlic, peeled and sliced
• 3 tbsp olive oil
• Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
• 500g spaghetti
• 125g buffalo mozzarella, torn into bite-sized pieces
• A generous handful of fresh basil, torn
• 2 tsp chopped fresh oregano
• Freshly grated Parmesan, to serve
Takes: 30 minutes
Spaghetti alla Caprese
Place the tomatoes in a large bowl with the garlic, oil, salt and pepper, and leave to marinate for 30 minutes.
Meanwhile, cook the spaghetti in a large pan of boiling, salted water until al dente. This will very much depend on personal preference, so taste as you are cooking and stop when the pasta is cooked to your liking. Drain, reserving a cup of cooking water.
Add the mozzarella to the marinating tomatoes. Add the spaghetti to the bowl of tomatoes and mix through, adding a little of the pasta cooking water if needed. Sprinkle with basil and oregano. Serve straight away, sprinkled with Parmesan.